Monday, July 15, 2013

Swedish Weaving Afghan for Joann

I just finished this afghan for my friend, Joann, and the colors show here as very different from what they really are.  The monk's cloth is ecru and what looks like red is actually a salmon.  The turquoise is about right.

I did a lattice but changed it a bit to make it different.  It's so easy to do this with Swedish weaving, both with the lattice and with the basic pattern. 

One thing that disappoints me is that I couldn't have had a longer fringe.  I guess we often see things we could have or should have done but they all turn out lovely in the end no matter what we do.  I'm sure Joann will love her new afghan when she sees it!