Monday, December 12, 2011

Dolores's Afghans

























It's so nice to be back in Florida so I can publish pictures of the other ladies' projects. Dolores brought me photos of what she had at home so I re-photographed them to put on the blog since I don't have a scanner down here.




Picture #1 is one she made for a friend (Ann) for Christmas. She did it in the "Marquis" pattern and used beige monk's cloth with Bernat Satin yarns in Forest Mist Heather, Fern, and Soft Fern.




Picture #2 is the same afghan but it shows the full pattern and also the embroidery just above the fringe.




Picture #3 is one she made for her step-daughter, Sarah, for last year's Christmas. It's also in the "Marquis" pattern on light green monk's cloth. She used Bernat Satin yarns in Forest Mist Heather, Beige Mist Heather, and Banana.




Picture #4 is the very first Swedish weaving table runner she made. I'm not sure from the photo but it looks like she used white monk's cloth. The Red Heart yarn is a variegated pink/purple/etc.




Picture #5 is another table runner done on peach monk's cloth with Red Heart variegated yarn in greens and sandy shades.













3 comments:

  1. I love the "marquis" pattern. Where can I find the directions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "marquis" pattern. Where can I find the directions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that, when I reply to a comment via e-mail, the reply doesn't show up on the blog. Anyway, the "Marquis" pattern can be found in the "Diamonds" booklet (about $7 on Ebay). I've used this booklet full of great patterns more than any other source.

    ReplyDelete