Monday, July 14, 2014

Swedish Weaving Table Runner



This is the same pattern I used on Nash's small afghan.  It's "Picadilly" by Avery Hill and does take a while to do because each stitch has to be done separately, with no longer runs.  I extended the points for the table runner because I thought it gave more definition.

A week or so ago, my daughter and I recovered my dining room chairs with a turquoise/green/yellow floral fabric so I thought it would be nice to have a turquoise table runner, too.  I used a deep turquoise monks cloth and started the pattern with a medium green yarn, added some salmon, and finished with a medium yellow/gold.  Turquoise is my favorite color in the world so I'm happy to have added more of it to the room.

Right now the runner is the same width as the table top but I'm considering making it narrower.  I'll let it sit for a while to give me a chance to think how I like it best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment