Sunday, August 23, 2015

Swedish Weaving Table Runner



This is a table runner that took me most of 2 days to finish.  Only people who do Swedish weaving understand how long it takes to complete a project and, when we sell one, we can never be paid enough to make it profitable.  I get my enjoyment from doing the work and seeing the completed project.

The fabric is a light sage monks cloth (my photos haven't captured the true color) and the yarn is Simply Soft deep salmon, light salmon, and medium yellow.  I used part of the "Musical Melodies" pattern on page 89 of Avery Hill's "The How To Book of Swedish Weaving and Huck Embroidery.  I use this book a lot and often alter the pattern to serve my purpose.

By the way, you can use huck embroidery patterns for your Swedish weaving.

I also prefer shorter fringe on a table runner as opposed to the longer fringe on an afghan but everyone should use their own judgement and do what appeals to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment