Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pattern Completed


I've completed the pattern and will continue with it all the way to the finish.  I like it as I like every Swedish weaving piece but it's a little too pastel for me to really love.  Already I'm planning my next afghan which will be for my grandson and it will be in stronger colors.

I'm not making this as a baby blanket but think the colors and pattern would be perfect for one.

Just a note:  One section of the pattern is done with a variegate yarn that I originally thought held all of the solid colors I'm using but it's not exactly the same.  Regardless, it's staying in the afghan and doesn't appear to be clashing with them.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed all the pictures! This is a new hobby for me - where do I find the lovely patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best booklet to buy is called "Diamonds" and can be found on Ebay for about $7 or $8. You can also get free patterns on the internet.

    ReplyDelete