Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Donna's Blue/White Afghan


Donna is camera shy so all anybody is going to see is this beautiful Swedish weaving afghan she's 99.9% completed.  She had a tiny issue with the edging which will take an hour or so to repair but it's one of my favorite color combinations...blue and white.  She used a few different shades of blue (I neglected to get the details) and then incorporated them all in the fringe.  She also mixed and matched patterns which is really fun to do because it gives you a truly unique project.

Donna has been working on this afghan very slowly...she thinks 4 years but I don't think it's quite that long.  It never matters how long it takes us to complete a project because the joy is in the creation.  Donna and Faye meet here at my apartment almost every Tuesday afternoon and we weave a bit and talk a lot.  Then we have tea and home made goodies that either Faye or Donna bring.  No-one ever expects me to bake.

The afghan is just beautiful and Donna has already started on a lap afghan, this time red monk's cloth and white yarn.  I don't know what other colors she'll use but just the red/white combo is lovely.  I'll post photos when it's done...hopefully before 2022.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment