Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Unfinished Table Runner



I wasn't going to add this runner to the blog yet because it's unfinished.  I haven't done the fringe yet because my sewing machine is already packed in the car ready to go to Florida.  I have a couple of runners I'll complete once I get there and post them at that time.

This one is a little different, though, and I thought it might be a good lesson for new Swedish weavers.  Placing diamonds between the patterns is a common practice to fill in spaces.  I love playing around with the diamonds, making them different sizes, etc., and decided to create this table runner using diamonds only.  I love it.

My original plan was to weave all the diamonds in with royal blue yarn (Simply Soft Party) but I stupidly didn't check to see if I had more of the blue than just the remnant of a skein I started with.  Well, I didn't.  No problem, though, because we are crafters and crafters can always find a solution.  My solution was to use both the royal and the silver/grey yarns because they go well together.

I think I ended up using more silver/grey than the royal but it looks nice.  I didn't use a pattern, just found my centers and started weaving in rows of diamonds and using different sizes of diamonds.  I would have done more with the royal if I'd had it but I like this runner so much that I just might keep it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment