Monday, March 11, 2019

Can't Stop Weaving

I finished my last table runner a short while ago and decided I wouldn't bother making any more until I got home.  Well, that didn't last long because I'm so used to having one on the go at most times.  I pulled out a short piece of ecru monk's cloth I'd brought down to Florida with me and decided on using a lovely green for the pattern.  I worked on it all day yesterday and actually finished it.  I pulled out another short piece of ecru monk's cloth and a skein of variegated oranges, etc. to weave into it.  I really think this will be the last until I get home in April.  If I change my mind I'll have to search among all the bags in the trunk of my car for fabric and yarn!

Swedish weaving is addictive.

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for the Swedish weave pattern in diamonds/ Can someone help. thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have no pattern books, try Ebay or Amazon. There are also free patterns on the internet. I've found that even making up a pattern in diamonds of various size is pretty easy but, if you're just a beginner, it's best to use an existing simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete