Sunday, March 1, 2020

A Keeper




I really do find Swedish weaving a very beautiful craft and it's often difficult for me to give up a project I've worked on.  Sometimes it's impossible and that's how I feel about the table runner above so I'm keeping it for myself.

I used white monk's cloth and one of Caron's Simply Soft yarns in a variegated blue/green (sorry, I misplaced the label so I can't tell you the name of the color).  I had to search far and wide to find the co-ordinating solid green but finally found it at Joann's Fabrics.  It's also Caron's Simply Soft yarn in limelight.  The pattern is "Playful Prisms" by Christine Allan.  The pattern was gifted to me by my friend, Donna, who passed away in July so it was a bit emotional for me handling it.

The pattern is so beautiful but quite easy to follow.  The more work I did, the more I loved it until I realized I had to keep it.  I will use this lovely pattern again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment