Saturday, October 17, 2020

Two Versions of a Pattern

 




This is "Lacey" by Christine Allan and I loved it enough to do it on back to back table runners.  Both fabrics are white monk's cloth and, on runner #2 I used Caron's Simply Soft in bone.  It looks to my eye as a golden beige and I use it often, either alone or to complement other colors.  I love my bold colors but I also love the look of one color yarn for the whole pattern.

Runner #1 shows the same pattern but I decided to do some shading, something I'm not particularly good at but admire it on other people's work.  I used 3 shades of grey in the pattern but saw right away that my second choice of color was too much like the center.  I persevered anyway and I still like it a lot.  The next time I try shading I'll be more careful with my color choices, though.

I also used less of the pattern on runner #2 and that's okay.  It's good for us to pick and choose.

Just a note:  I use Christine Allan's patterns a lot but there are thousands of great patterns out there.  The "Candlelight" pattern came from Monk's Cloth Lady and I've had great luck with the patterns she sells, too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment