Wednesday, January 6, 2021

3 New Table Runners







 I haven't done much Swedish weaving lately because I've been busy selling some jewelry on Marketplace.  These 3 runners were finished a few weeks ago but I just finished off the fringe the other day.

The first one is a new pattern (for me) called "Triple Diamonds" by Valerie Zhiha and very easy to follow but I had to reduce it's size to conform to the table runner.  I also created my own border.  The fabric is light beige monk's cloth and the yarns used of Caron Simply Soft in chartreuse and I Love This Yarn in shophop, a bright and happy variegated yarn.

The second runner "Lacey" by Christine Allan using Ikea's end run fabric in grey/black and I Love This Yarn in chartreuse.  Again, I had to shorten the pattern and I did add my own border.

The third runner is another piece of the Ikea end run fabric in grey/black and I used a variegate turquoise yarn from Caron's Simply Soft.  The pattern is Christine Allan's "Fall Melody".  I shortened it and created my own border.

I really wish my eyesight was better because I do love the look of the dark fabric but don't use it often simply because it's hard on my eyes.  

Well, on to the next project.  I'm very thankful that I have these hobbies to turn to since I'm stuck home most of the time.  Covid has changed my life..only socialize with my family and I don't go out much, even order my groceries online from Walmart and just go over to pick them up.  I can't imagine how people are handling the isolation unless they have indoor hobbies.

Just a note:  I choose to make table runners instead of full sized afghans because I've gifted every one I made to family and friends.  I've found that buyers won't pay a decent price for the afghans because here in Canada, especially, people aren't familiar with Swedish weaving and don't understand how long it takes to complete an afghan.  I also have a bit of attention deficit disorder and like to see a finished product quickly so the table runners suit me just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow swedish weaver, I love doing Swedish weave. My mother taught me how to do it in my 30's and we've used it to make blankets for each of the grandkids as they came along. I'm making what might be for the last grandchild until the older ones start having our great grandchildren. I'm looking for a free pattern of the
    Autumn windbreak for this one, but I'm having trouble finding a free one for blankets. Do you have any suggestions where I could find one?

    ReplyDelete