Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Faye's and Donna's Current Projects


Both Donna and Faye have been working on their projects for a while but it doesn't matter how long it takes us to complete one.  What matters is that we enjoy the process.

Donna realized yesterday that she'd made a slight mistake way back near the beginning and I told her this could now be her new pattern instead of taking it all out.  I've completed many afghans this way because it doesn't always make sense to take it all apart when we find a mistake.  No-one will ever know.

Faye's afghan is much more brilliantly colored than my photo shows and it's close to completion but might not be finished before I leave for Florida.  That's why I'm posting the photos now.  We've had a nice time all summer meeting every Tuesday afternoon to weave, chat, and have tea.  I'll continue meeting with my fellow weavers every Thursday morning in Florida, too.  It's wonderful how much we learn from each other...new techniques and sources for fabrics.

I've given away every afghan I've made but have run out of friends and family to give them to so I'm going to put my present project on Ebay to sell.  It will be interesting to see how well that goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment