Monday, October 17, 2016

Christmas Table Runners




I had a terrible problem trying to photograph the true color of these two table runners so I'll describe them the best I can.  I had to fold each of them in quarters, also.

The first one is a sage green monks cloth with red and gold yarns and is approximately 56" long x 12" wide.  The second one is ecru monks cloth with red yarn and is approximately 56" long x 11" wide.  My runners usually vary in width because I often use remnants of different widths.

These will be taken to a craft sale at the end of the month.  I don't especially like doing Christmas table runners because I prefer weaving with prettier shades of yarn so I've only made the two.

I don't know if I mentioned that I've hurt my right arm and now find it a bit painful to do Swedish weaving for long periods of time.  Because of this, my plans are to make one more afghan this winter for my grandson and his girlfriend but, from then on, settle for making runners and place mats at least until this arm mends.  I've torn a bicep muscle slightly and have had one steroid shot to help heal it.  I'll have another shot next month and one more in the spring.  Whether or not this heals the damaged muscle or not will determine if I can carry on making the afghans.  The weight of 2 1/2 yds. of fabric is a little much for me right now but we have large tables at the Florida clubhouse to lay the fabric on while I'm weaving so that should make it easier for me.  Life goes on and we do the best we can, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment