Sunday, October 30, 2016

More Table Runners



Here are two more table runners.  Each takes about 2 days to make and that's all I want to commit to for the present time.  

Both are on ecru monks cloth and the pattern of the first one was done with a turquoise green yarn.  The second one was done with a deep dark green yarn that looks almost black.

I've mentioned that I very often change established patterns just a bit so that my work is unique but, with the second runner, the pattern is all mine (I think).  One of my interests is in one day creating a booklet of all new patterns but, for the time, this is my only true (I hope) original.  I say "I hope" because there are similar ones out there.

I was at a craft show yesterday and a few ladies came up to me who had some experience with Swedish weaving.  It is very rare for Canadians to know about this craft because the fabric and the yarns are at least double the cost in Canada compared to the States.  One lady needed help with an afghan she'd started many years ago and had run into difficulties with (it was her first project...I always instruct first time Swedish weavers to start with a table runner because the time needed to finish an afghan can be intimidating).  This got me thinking I should maybe teach a class at the senior center next summer.  There wouldn't be many students so it would be an easy class to lead.

If any of the people who read this blog are from the Hamilton, Ontario area and are interested in such a class, let me know, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment