Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Nick and Bev's Afghan




I wasn't sure I'd enjoy working on this afghan because of the subdued colors but they look so good together that I ended up liking it a lot.  It's for my grandson, Nick, and his fiance, Bev, and the colors in their home dictated that I couldn't use vibrant colors.  The monks cloth is white and the yarns are charcoal, grey, and teal which look subdued but lovely together.  I added teal fringe along the white fringe on each end, too, which I think looks very nice.

The border patterns I used were chosen at random as long as their main points lined up.  This is how I like to create a completely unique design for all of my projects.

I guess it took me about two months to complete this afghan and I know it took one whole day to do the fringe alone.  A lot of love was woven into it and I hope this precious couple can feel that when they cuddle up with it.   

9 comments:

  1. That pattern is beautiful!! Is it your own or is it available to purchase somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a variety of border patterns chosen at random so I don't remember where they all came from. I really love doing this because it makes the project uniquely your own. About the only patterns I design myself are the occasional ones done with diamonds...I don't have the artistic ability to create much else on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blanket! Usually I crochet around the entire edge of the blanket. How did you add the fringe? How do you keep it from coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me so long to answer you but I've just gotten over a bout of pneumonia that really knocked me out. I never crochet the edge because my crochet skills are terrible but I do like the fringe. I zigzag machine stitch (twice) the row just above where I want to start the fringe and it never comes out. Then I turn the salvedge under and machine stitch it down to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, How do I go about getting the pattern for this blanket? Its beautiful!
    Thanks,
    Sallyh918@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queria participar de grupos,desse trabalho, alguém conhece?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour, est-ce possible d’obtenir le patron de cette couverture? Elle est vraiment belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I get the pattern

    ReplyDelete