Monday, March 27, 2017

Getting Ready

I haven't started a new project since I finished Nick and Bev's afghan but I do have something prepared and ready to go.  I'd noticed that a few people at the craft shows asked if I had any place mats but that isn't something I normally do.  And so I pulled out some of my smaller remnants and prepared 4 of them to complete as placemats.  They sit in the bag along with half a dozen different colors of yarn until I can decide which colors to use.

I was away in Florida for a month, along with the supplies for the placemats, but got busy with so many other things that I never started.  Since I got home, I've been doing spring housecleaning and taking care of other business so I've really got to get moving on those place mats.

Swedish weaving is so forgiving of time and space because it's something that sits unobtrusively until you're ready to work on it.  When I compare that to the quilting I used to do (and still hope to do), Swedish weaving is the perfect craft for someone who just wants to pick it up occasionally to work on it.

That all said, I have been sorely missing the feeling of satisfaction as my project is being created so it's time for me to get back at it!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Swedish weaving is a beautiful and fulfilling art, and it is so nice to be able to take a break and then pick up right where I left off.
    Do you have any recommended books for patterns? I have mostly just scoured the internet and figured out the patterns I like, but I think it would be nice to have a book for a jumping off point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always suggested the "Diamond" booklet as the very best for beginners but I see it's out of print and horribly expensive on Ebay. I do suggest you check out Ebay once in a while for used books, though. I re-use and modify all my patterns now so I get good mileage out of the books I have. Keep on enjoying!

    ReplyDelete