Friday, June 9, 2017

Christmas Runner Done



I finished this runner, measuring 48" long x 19" wide and am as pleased as I can be considering the difficulty using the yarn I did.  I used Caron's Simply Soft Party which has a silver thread running through it and it wasn't easy to keep together.

It helped to cut extra long strands of yarn so I wouldn't run a little short at each end because that is where the silver thread was most likely to unravel.  All in all, I will use the yarn I have for other projects but I would never buy it again.  I've heard from other weavers that they didn't like it, either, so I'm not alone in my opinion.

I haven't hemmed the ends yet but won't leave a fringe for the simple reason that I feel I need to fold the ends over and double stitch to keep the silver thread from coming loose.  You shouldn't have to do that to secure your yarn...you should be able to leave a fringe but, in this case, I'm not sure that would hold well.

Anyway, it's done, it's pretty, and I've learned a lesson.  That's success as far as I'm concerned!

4 comments:

  1. Hello to you! I hope you find some useful information in the blog and maybe send me some ideas or photos of your work. I used to quilt but have given it up for the Swedish weaving but I may get back to quilting one day. I do believe Swedish weaving is one of the easiest and most beautiful crafts around. It really does help to learn from each other and that's why I started this blog. Anyway, welcome and I hope to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I just fond your blog, I am a beginner in Swedish weaving. Can you please tell me where you found your pattern I am having a hard time trying to find a simple pattern. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't make note of the pattern I use...I must have been distracted...but I have no idea. I've accumulated many, many patterns over the years and right now I purchase most from Christine Allan. I heard there is a website (Netties Needleworks) where you can download full booklets of patterns that are out of print for a very low price. My favorite all time booklet is "Diamonds" and I think the cost there is $8 and that's a bargain. I use, re-use, and alter many of the patterns I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The downloads might also be available from "Monk's Cloth Lady".

    ReplyDelete