Thursday, June 15, 2017

Lap Afghan




I wasn't up to starting a full afghan but I had this piece measuring 48" long x 30" wide already prepared so this will be my new project.  The yarn colors are aqua mist and lavender blue...I've used this combination before and really like it!  I'm not sure yet what color or pattern I'll do the lattice but that's a long way off.  I do have some leftover variegated with these colors in it but I'm not sure I have enough so we'll see.

I guess you can see I'm sometimes not very neat when I put my work aside for the day...it's very wrinkled but that will smooth out.  The pattern is complete on one side and barely started on the other side (pattern will be done vertically instead of horizontally) and I also have one row of the pattern started in the center.  I'm still deciding how much of the pattern and how much of the lattice I'll do, though.  There is already fringe on each side so I'm pretty sure I'll fringe each end, too.

I'll post a photo when it's finished...I think it will be lovely!






2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! Those colors look awesome together too.

    I found your blog through pintrest. I've been Swedish weaving since I was 17 years old...although I was introduced to it as Monk's Cloth Weaving. I always love seeing how crafty other people are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swedish weaving is by far the most interesting and satisfying craft I've ever done. I hope you find the blog helpful and I'd love to see your work and/or your hints on the craft. I've learned more from other weavers than I ever did from the books!

    ReplyDelete