Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New Project


This is my new project...a lap afghan.  The fabric is a lovely coral color and the yarns are bright green, yellow, and salmon.  The pattern is from Annie's Needlework "Learn Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery".  It's actually called "Waterfall" and is for a gift bag but we can always use any pattern for alternate purposes.

The pattern is sort of complicated but not too bad once you catch on to the rhythm.  I haven't decided yet how much of the pattern I'll use before adding lattice/diamonds.  It's nice to have that option.

You might notice that I always scan and print patterns from the book and put them into a clear plastic sleeve.  This is a good way to keep your expensive pattern books from falling apart from use.  I keep a binder of all the patterns I've copied like this.

The pattern is a bit of a challenge but it's fun to stretch my brain a bit to conquer it.  I'll post a finished photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment