Sunday, July 30, 2017

Washing the Afghan

I always say I just love how we learn from each other...techniques, yarns, patterns, etc....and one of the smartest things I learned this week was on how to wash our fringed projects safely.  This is especially important to know after poor Faye damaged her afghan after working on it for so long.

Anyway, someone suggested buying one of those garment bags that are used for delicates in the washing machine.  You can get them at the dollar store.  This is such a smart idea and so simple I wonder why I never thought of it myself.  This is why we need each other to keep improving our craft!

I think we'd only need to protect our project like this if the fringe is a little long but it couldn't hurt to use the garment bag for all our Swedish weaving projects.  I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment