Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Table Runner from Ikea's Oddrun Throw


I decided to use the pattern "Annie's Throw" from the Monk's Cloth For Today book.  Patterns are by Trice Boerens.  What you see on my table runner is only the very first row of this pattern and then I got lost so I created my own second row.  I'm finding it all a little sparse but I lost interest and just wanted to finish it quickly.

The Oddrun Throw fabric is very close to monk's cloth but not as sturdy and a little flimsy to work with.  This might have been what bored me.  The color is supposed to be grey but it really looks black to me and that makes it hard on the eyes to work on.  Another reason I might have lost interest.

I used Caron Simply Soft Party yarn in silver sparkle and snow sparkle. and they looked nice on the dark fabric.

This is also an extra long table runner at 60" long x 14 1/2" wide.  I threw the thought around that I should add one more row of border but, again, not too interested, so I have started another table runner using proper monk's cloth in burgundy.  It's lovely and I was very happy working on it.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who also used the Odd Run fabric and what they thought of it.

I'm not thrilled with this runner and will have to use brighter colors the next time I use the fabric.  That might make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Odd Run Fabric - is it always available at IKEA? I looked on their website and it's not available there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not sold as fabric but as a completed throw. I found mine right where all the throws were displayed. The cost was $15 Cdn and I'll get at least 3 table runners out of each throw.

    ReplyDelete