Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Colored Monk's Cloth

There has been a rumor that monk's cloth manufacturers will no longer produce colored monk's cloth and I'm sorry to say the rumor is definitely true.  I e-mailed one company and just received an e-mail back verifying they'll no longer provide us with colored monk's cloth so I'd suggest to all weavers that you try to obtain as much as you can now.  The white and beige will still be available so it's not the end of the world for Swedish weavers.

I thought I'd beat the trend by ordering a bolt of red in November but the order got screwed up and only 1 yard was sent to me.  By the time the order was corrected, the red was no longer available.  I have lots of other colors in my stash but I guess my Christmas items will have to be woven mainly on white and beige.

And now a thought.  If anyone has any red monk's cloth they don't need or want, I would be happy to buy it from you.

I won't be back on the computer until after January 3rd so I wish everyone a Happy New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment