Wednesday, August 21, 2019

2 New Christmas Table Runners




These are 2 Christmas table runners I just finished, one I love and one I don't like because I misread the pattern.

The first one (I don't like) is Terrice Beasley's "Let's be Merry" using Caron's Simply Soft yarns in Spring Sparkle and Red Sparkle.  I stupidly misread the pattern and doubled it in size so it looks awkward to me.  I don't know why I didn't just stop as soon as I noticed and correct it but it was a big mistake.

The second one is Avery Hill's "Stained Glass" using Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Red Sparkle and Red Heart variegated yarn in green tones.  I really like this one and will do the pattern again.

I had to do some adjustments to the patterns on both runners in order to fit them into the required size.

Something all of us weavers know and should abide by is to do our corrections as soon as possible or we might end up with something we can't live with...like table runner #1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment