Thursday, August 29, 2019

Fabric Didn't Shrink

This has never happened before but the last batch of monk's cloth that I attempted to shrink in a hot water wash failed to shrink a couple of the pieces.  I use a washer at my apartment building and am only able to set it for hot wash/regular cycle until the tub is almost full.  Then I have to reset it for gentle cycle which only works with cold water so the top part of the tub ends up with a few inches of cold water.  I'm assuming this is why a couple of pieces (out of 12) didn't shrink properly.  I can't reset it after the wash has started in the original setting.

What I plan to do is soak them in hot water in my sink while I'm doing a regular wash in the washing machine and then put them in a hot dryer with the rest of my laundry.  I'm hoping this will shrink the fabric properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment