Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Swedish Weaving Table Runners








These are 2 of my latest table runners.

The first one is one of my very favorite patterns, "Paper Dolls" by Christine Allan.  It looks far more difficult that it really is.  I used ecru monk's cloth and a variety of yarns for this one...Red Heart "painted desert", Phentex "tawny", and Caron's Simply Soft "bone" for my own little design in the center.  I try to add something of just my own imagination to every piece I do so that it is truly unique.

The second one is my own design of different diamonds (I can't design whole patterns very well but I do have fun mixing up the diamonds).  It's also on ecru monk's cloth and I used a variegated green of some no-name yarn I had in my stash.

Just a note:  I started out trying to do just a border with "Paper Dolls" but couldn't get it to look right so I took it all apart and started over.  I like to be completely happy with my finished work and it's better to take it apart when it isn't working out.


No comments:

Post a Comment