Saturday, September 28, 2019

Grey and White


I think all (or almost all) of anything done with Swedish weaving is gorgeous.  It doesn't seem to matter what pattern or yarn choices are made, the end product is simply beautiful...in my eyes anyway.

I prefer to work with colors but I gave in to the fact that so many people are decorating their homes in shades of grey and have started making a few table runners in greys.  They turn out just as gorgeous as their brightly colored cousins.

My daughter confiscated the last table runner I'd made in grey so I quickly made another one and I think this is even prettier than the last one...hope she doesn't grab this one up, too!  It's on white monk's cloth and I used Caron's Simply Soft Party in black sparkle, Caron's Simply Soft grey heather, and Paton's pale grey mix (this isn't a variegated so I don't know why the name).  The pattern is Christine Allan's "Cobblestone Way" which I reduced to fit the runner.

I think it's beautiful but, then, aren't they all?  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment