Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Two More Table Runners




I've decided to stop trying to get decent photos of full length table runners because my camera doesn't show enough detail so now the photos will be of the runner folded in half.

The first runner is Christine Allan's "Flickering Flakes" but I had to eliminate the full pattern due to the width of the runner.  It is on white monk's cloth and I used Red Heart yarn in "lavender" and Caron's Simply Soft Party in grey.  The grey is quite subtle but does look pretty with the lavender.

The second one is Avery Hill's "diamonds are a girl's best friend" and one I was surprised I'd never done before.  I like it a lot!  It's on white monk's cloth using Caron's Simply Soft yarns in grey heather and charcoal heather which go beautifully together.

I only make table runners any more because making afghans just takes too long.  I've made many and given them away to family but I've found that they don't sell well at craft shows because of the high price.  Most of the patterns I use can be extended to make afghans...many are actually for afghans but I alter them for use in the table runners.  The possibilities are endless with these patterns.  All you need is a bit of imagination.

2 comments:

  1. Avery Hill's "diamonds are a girl's best friend" - Where can I find this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the Avery Hill's "How To Book of Swedish Weaving and Huck Embroidery". Unfortunately, the book is out of print and difficult to find. It's also become terribly expensive even when you do find it..sometimes $100. I don't know why more Swedish Weaving books aren't printed now but you can still find them on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete