Friday, October 18, 2019

1 Runner and 2 Placemats



I'm never bored because I keep myself busy but I sometimes wonder what I'd do with my time if I didn't do Swedish weaving.  It's so relaxing and satisfying that I sometimes put in many more hours than I plan.

The top photo is a full length table runner in white monk's cloth and using Christine Allan's "Serenity" pattern.  I used Caron's Simply Soft Party yarns in spring sparkle and red sparkle and also a Red Heart yarn that is a variegate green.  

The first placemat was done simply in rows of Red Heart Soft yarns in plummy on Ikea blanket cloth.  Working on such a dark color is very hard on my eyes so I opted to do straight rows around the border.

The second placemat was done using Red Heart Soft yarn in waterscape on the grey/black Ikea cloth.  It is a great buy for doing Swedish weaving...very inexpensive and just a tiny bit flimsier than the monk's cloth.  It only comes in the grey/black and a very light beige, though.

I only do one craft show a year to sell my items and I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished over the summer and fall.  The craft show I do is at the senior center and we really get a lot of customers passing through.  I enjoy talking to people and I always have a little freebee yarn necklace to give to the little girls who come by.

I'm going to make one more comment about Christine Allan's patterns.  She is very talented at designing them and the diagrams are almost always super simple to follow.  Anything that gives me a bit of trouble just becomes a unique pattern with my own spin on it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment