Tuesday, October 22, 2019

2 More Swedish Weaving Table Runners




These are two more table runners and it really never ceases to amaze me how much I love the looks of every one I see...even if it's made by someone else.  

The first one is from one of the borders shown on "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" by Avery Hill.  I often pick just one part of a pattern and use it as the main focus on table runners.  The yarns used were Caron's Simply Soft Party in charcoal heather and Paton's pale grey mix and medium grey mix.

The second one is my own pattern using Loops and Threads in fern and Caron's Simply Soft in charcoal heather.  I really love creating the pattern as I go, starting in the center and then building on it but I do wish I was able to do that with more complex patterns, too.

I still have a lot of older stock of monk's cloth but I recently was gifted some from my friend who passed away and it's the new stock with the weird salvedge.  It's one that just can't be rolled over and sewn down to complete the edge so it has to be fringed.  I don't like it at all.  Thank heavens I still have enough old stock to last me the rest of my life and beyond.  LOL!

2 comments:

  1. What book did this pattern come out of. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is from the "How To Book Of Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery". The second one is my own pattern but I don't keep copies of my own stuff for reference. It's so difficult to find these old pattern books any more but you can try on Ebay or Amazon. I re=use patterns and modify them all the time to create different looks.

    ReplyDelete