Saturday, November 2, 2019

And More Runners




I never worry about producing too many pieces of Swedish weaving because I get so much enjoyment out of making them.  If they don't sell at the craft show this month, I can always donate them or give them away.  In any case, I'll just continue making them and enjoying the process and the finished project.

I've been doing a lot of black and grey lately so I decided to just grab up a few colors and make up a simple pattern for the top table runner.  I used scrap pieces so I don't know their origin but it's done on beige monk's cloth and looks kind of retro to me because of the colors.

The bottom one is Christine Allan's pattern, "Moon Shadow" but I reversed the pattern, using the original center for my border and the border design for my center.  I added a bit to the center, also.  This is a very easy pattern and I'll use it when teaching a new pupil.  The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft in bone.  Another thing I really like is tone on tone like this.

The booklet I used is Christine Allan's "Christmas Patterns" and it was gifted to me by my lifelong friend, Donna, who passed away in July.  This particular booklet is filled with really good patterns but, because it was Donna's, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment