Saturday, November 2, 2019

Pink Swedish Weaving Table Runner


I love this one and wish I had a little girl to give it to.  It's Christine Allan's pattern, "Pine Ridge" but I did add another couple of rows inside the diamond.  It didn't need it but there was a slight flaw in the fabric that I wanted to cover.  The yarns used were Caron's Simply Soft in orchid and Red Heart Soft in plummy.  I just love this Red Heart yarn color and I'm so sad I could only find the one skein.

Just a note:  I like working with variegated yarns but only buy one that has short (approximately 4") color lengths.  The colors blend so more easier when the color lengths are short like this.  When using variegated yarn with long (sometimes 12"+) lengths of color, it seems to end up looking like blocks of the same color as you add rows to your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment