Friday, November 8, 2019

Table Runner For Greatgrandson


This is honestly the last table runner I'll make until I get to Florida in January.  We're having a baby shower for my granddaughter this month and we know she's having a little boy so I just had to do it!  I don't think she really likes my Swedish weaving but she can pass it on if she wants to...once a gift is given, it's their's to choose how to use it.  Anyway, I just wanted to make this for my new baby!

The monk's cloth is a medium blue and the yarn is Caron's Simply Soft "spring brook", a lovely variegated that I managed to find.  The center pattern is completely one I designed myself and the sailboat pattern is one I copied from someone's project.  There is a lot of overlapping in the rows but it turns out well and doesn't look lumpy at all.

I love this and hope my granddaughter can use it as a dresser scarf in the baby's room but it's up to her.  I just enjoyed making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment