Saturday, May 2, 2020

Pink Table Runner


I love this pattern.  It looks difficult but it isn't all...I'd even suggest it to my new students.  The fabric is a lovely pink monk's cloth (doesn't show well in the photo) and I used "I Love This Yarn" in sweet serenade.  You might have noticed I've used this yarn a few times lately and I do love it but I'm ready to move on to something else now.

The pattern is Christine Allan's "Fall Melody" and I did tweak it a bit like I usually do with patterns.  Not much, though, because it's lovely just as it is.

I've mentioned that I usually work on 3-4 table runners before doing the final sewing on the fringe but this is a present for a new baby girl in the family so I got it done quickly.

I sell my table runners at one venue only in November and that's at the senior center in my hometown.  We really don't know if we'll still be self quarantining in the fall and that would mean I'm going to build up a lot of stock but I really don't care.  My enjoyment comes from doing the craft and, if some pieces sell, that's a bonus for me.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens month to month and hope for a vaccine to be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment