Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Scrap Pieces

Crafters are not wasteful people.  Everything we use to create our favorite craft gives us ideas about how we might use the scraps left over.  It especially breaks my heart to dispose of scraps of monk' cloth so I've done a few things with them, depending on size.  I've used them for toilet tank runners and for plant or ornament doilies but I'm sure there are tons of other uses I haven't thought about.

My dear friend who passed away last summer left me some potato colored monk's cloth which is not my favorite color but I'd never throw it away.  It might be some of the last I work on but I did make a couple of doilies out of them while on corona virus quarantine.  Thank heavens I didn't have the virus but had to self quarantine when I got home from Florida in March.


I used some unloved yarn that I could cut small, pretty sections from and just did a simple border pattern.  Sometimes it's quite pleasant to pick up a scrap of monk's cloth to work on after spending days on a more demanding project.  

I happen to live in a mainly senior apartment building and we have a bench at the rear door where we can leave clothing, books, etc. for anyone to have for free.  This is where I've put craft items I no longer need and they disappear immediately so I know I've made someone's day a brighter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment