Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Lilac Table Runner With Beads



This is my first attempt with beads and I'm not sure I like what I've done...it isn't what I had in mind so I'll try something different next time.

I used a lovely lilac monk's cloth for Christine Allan's pattern "Spring Fling" and "I Love This Yarn" in sweet serenade...I like this yarn color a lot.

I'd wanted to try putting beads on the ends but discovered that the beads I had in mind weren't in my craft room any more.  I'd given them away in one of my purges last year.  The beads I used had the teensy tiny holes that would only accommodate fine wire or plastic thread so I had to use a fabric glue to apply them to the yarn.  I had planned to use beads I could insert the yarn through and knot on the bottom so this doesn't look anything like I'd envisioned.  I'm also a little nervous about how well they'll hold up in the wash so I'll have to warn whoever buys this runner.

One good thing is that I pulled out all the beads and supplies I had and will now get rid of some and store the rest in hopefully one case instead of 4 or 5.  I'll also have to buy some more beads with larger holes.  Maybe I'd better save one of the empty cases.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment