Wednesday, August 2, 2017

New Pattern


My unfinished project had become kind of a strain for me and my aged brain so I decided to put it aside for a while and go on with a simpler pattern.  This is called Cascade and it's also from Annie's Needlework "Learn Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery"....actually featured on the front page.  I was quite relieved as I started the pattern and felt so relaxed because it is a much easier pattern.

I'm going to finish the project exactly as shown although mine will be wider.  The center will be all lattice/diamonds but I'll probably improvise a bit there.

My fabric is a denim blue and I've chosen something very different for the yarn.  It's a variegated mainly white with short runs of blue and beige.  I usually choose a variegated with all short runs of colors but this yarn appealed to me to at least give it a try.  I think this pattern would be gorgeous with many color choices so I'll use it again.

Update:  It turned out that I didn't like the variegated yarn because of the extremely long lengths of white and the few shorter lengths of blue and beige so I pulled it all out and began again.

I chose white yarn and bone (what I refer to as golden beige).  I'd known I wanted a lot of white but chose the bone when I saw how nice the other beige looked on the denim blue fabric.  This is only part of the border pattern but I think it shows nicely how well the white and bone yarns look on the denim blue.  I'll post another photo when it's all finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment