Saturday, August 26, 2017

Now Back to the Peach Lap Afghan




I decided to use only 6 lines of the pattern because , even though it isn't difficult to work on, it still requires a lot of concentration.  There will be 6 x 2 lines in the center and then maybe 3 lines on either edge joined together with some kind of diamond/lattice.

In the first photo, I've shown the full 6 lines done.  The second photo shows the other part that is partially done.  The third photo shows how intricate the pattern is and why I don't want to do it completely.  The fourth photo is the pattern book (Annie's Needlework "Learn Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery") and the pattern I'm using"Waterfall Gift Bag" can be seen on the bottom right side of the cover.

This particular project will be sold at a craft show in October and I can't put a ridiculous amount of work into it when I still have more items to complete.  The pattern is challenging and fun to do but has turned out to be too time consuming.

Swedish weaving is a wonderful and satisfying craft but it does take a lot of time to complete any project...time that we can't charge for when we sell the item.  For years I made afghans for family and friends and never worried about how many hours, weeks, months it took to make them.  It's another thing entirely when the item is to be sold.  We can still enjoy making them but we have to be reasonable about how much time we want to devote.

I'll post photos of the 2 lap afghans, one recently finished and this one when both are hemmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment