Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Just a Note

I started working on a new table runner and chose to use the ecru fabric and variegated yarn I already had instead of starting fresh, especially with the yarn.  I'm leaving for home in 2 weeks and I've got enough yarn at home to fill a store so it didn't make sense to me to buy more.  Mistake.

The first row didn't look very good because there was a section of the yarn that was very close to the ecru color.  I also wasn't thrilled with the pattern but I carried on working it for 3 rows until I couldn't stand it any more.  I tore out the 3 rows and will take more care about the yarn i choose to replace it with.

My point is that, even if you've been Swedish weaving as long as I have, you will still make mistakes in one way or another.  Knowing when to cut your losses and reweave or remove is very important.  

I knew the finished project even as it stood would look okay but it wasn't bringing me joy.  I've gotten spoiled with all the beautiful pieces I've made that I want to feel that joy and pleasure every time I weave now.  Yes, realizing when it's not working for you is a good thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment