Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Not So Ugly Table Runner

I made a big mistake by not bringing enough fabric and yarn with me to Florida this winter.  I'd have really been stuck if my friend, Marion, hadn't sold me a pile of her monk's cloth.

I'm used to keeping my hands busy so, when I finished Dee's lap afghan, I pulled out a piece of Marion's fabric which happened to be sort of a dull dusty rose...not too pretty...and decided to make a table runner out of it.  The only yarn I had that was a suitable color was the bone I'd used on Dee's afghan.  I felt as though I might have to give this little ugly duckling away when it was done.

Well, as I worked up the pattern, it just looked prettier and prettier until I loved it when it was finished...even considered keeping it for myself.  I incorporated the bone yarn a little differently in the fringe and I love that, too. 

I don't have my own sewing machine here this year (another mistake) so I'll wait until I get home in April to do the hemming.  I'll post photos when that's done.

I've always said that there has never been an ugly piece of Swedish weaving but this ugly duckling has turned out to be a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment