Sunday, October 14, 2018

3 New Table Runners


This is "Holiday Star" by Jeanette Coffin.  I used white monk's cloth and wove in the pattern with Caron Simply Soft Party in red sparkle and spring sparkle yarns.  I also used Caron Simply Soft yarn in dark sage.  This is one of my favorite Xmas patterns.

This is an old pattern from Avery Hill's first book that I'd never tried before.  It's "Flaming Gorge" and every row is repeated so it's super easy to follow.  The fabric is a burgundy (not purple) monk's cloth and I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in soft pink, and victorian rose.  The shading doesn't show up properly in the photo but it's very subtle in reality.  A little too subtle for my liking, though.


I loved working the pattern so much that I did it again but used sage monk's cloth with Caron Simply Soft yarns in persimmon and melon, and Bernat yarn in rouge.  It looks a million times nicer than my photo.  I've used this color combination of yarn before on an afghan and absolutely loved them together.

Like most Swedish weavers, I have my next project ready to go...white monk's cloth with variegated turquoise yarn. 

1 comment:

  1. I’d love to know how to find the Holiday Star pattern. It’s wonderful.

    ReplyDelete