Sunday, October 14, 2018

Happy Days

When we seniors move from a house they've lived in for 40+ years, it's not easy to discard what we've accumulated...especially if you're a craft person and you have lots of fabric.  You know you won't use it all in your lifetime and it's foolish to move it all from one place to a smaller place so you have to be strong and just do it.  I had tons of fabric, including monk's cloth that was not going to be left behind.  I gave bags full to a friend and then took bags full to the senior center to donate to anyone in the sewing classes.  The fabric I couldn't part with was carefully stacked in large totes which I meticulously carted to my new apartment.  Once there, they were piled in closets.  Some totes, after 5+ years are still piled in the same spots and rarely, if ever, opened.  You never know, I might still be crafting when I'm 110.

There was one large tote in my front coat closet that was always covered in toy trucks for my greatgrandsons when they came to visit.  I thought it was filled with quilting fabric which I may get back to at some time.  Maybe.  Well, the other day I packed away one of the fans because it won't be needed till spring and I had to move the toy trucks over a bit.  Printed on the top of the tote was "monk's cloth".  OMG!!!  I thought it might still be quilting fabric stored in a box that once held monk's cloth so I didn't bother opening it.  But it was on my mind all night long!

Early in the morning I dragged the tote out of the closet and opened it.  Angels sang!  It was full of monk's cloth and even some sheets still in the packages.  I tend to buy ahead.  I was happier than a person should be who has just discovered more monk's cloth than I have room for but so what!  I felt like I'd won the lottery.

I'm still smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment