Saturday, July 4, 2020

More Swedish Weaving Table Runners




I just finished these 2 and the white one is a gift for a friend.  The yarns used on it were scrap unlabeled pieces I kept because the runners don't use much yarn.  The colors are gold and brown, 2 colors I rarely use because I don't like brown, but they look great on this table runner.  The pattern is called "Country Trails" and it's in the booklet Learn To Make Monk's Cloth Afghans.  I altered it a bit because of space but it's a lovely pattern and very easy to follow.  The border was just something I made up and I think it goes well with the overall pattern.

With the burgundy one I used part of Christine Allan's pattern "Fiery Furrows".  This is a wonderfully detailed pattern that made it easy to choose only part of for my runner.  The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft Party in snow sparkle.  I like to mix and match and alter existing patterns when I'm weaving but the original pattern has to be a good one to start off.

This Covid problem we're having keeps me home more than usual and I'm so happy I have Swedish weaving to fall back on when I don't feel like doing anything else.  I've done many crafts in my lifetime but Swedish weaving is honestly one of the most enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment