Saturday, August 27, 2011

Faye's Swedish Weaving Afghans





What a time I had trying to figure out how to scan these photos that Faye gave me and then get them on the blog. I am terribly computer illiterate but I do try.


Picture #1 is "Dazzling" (from the Diamonds booklet) and she's done the weaving in a few different greens with a medium yellow that makes it look, well, dazzling, doesn't it?

Picture #2 is our all-time favorite "Marquise" from the same Diamonds booklet. It was done in various shades of pinks and rose.

These pictures are not good enough to show the true beauty of the afghans but they've already been gifted to 2 of Faye's grandchildren so I, a better photographer (LOL!), can't take any to show them to better advantage.

The afghan done in pinks drew a great deal of attention when Faye was working on it in Florida. We all love the "Marquise" pattern and I've seen so many done in that pattern but they all look just a bit different because of different choices of color for our yarn. Each afghan is unique because of that.





2 comments: