Monday, August 29, 2011

Matt's Matching Table Runner





Matt asked me if I could make him and Sandra a table runner with the same colors as the afghan so here it is. I had very little of the variegated aqua left and was only able to put one row (on either side of the center) in with it. When I'd finished 6 rows total, I discovered I'd made a mistake in the pattern so from there on in I had to improvise. This is very easy to do with a table runner but I have done it with afghans, too, rather than pull out a lot of work.

In the case of the runner, I had no variegated left so it was easier to adjust the pattern and it looks good anyway. I like the effect I was able to make with the longest point and will design my own full pattern around it one day.

The edge border is accurate with varied widths in the dips and dives but I think I prefer it to be consistent rather than this way.






No comments:

Post a Comment