Monday, October 2, 2017

Yarn With Metallic Thread

I'd previously used Simply Soft Party yarn when I wanted one with the metallic thread but didn't like the way it held up so I bought Bernat Happy Holidays and have been using the white one on the runner I'm making.  What a difference and what a nice surprise!

The yarn is a little thicker than I usually use but that just gives more texture.  It has a metallic thread wrapped around the yarn itself and I wasn't sure how strong it was or if it would break while weaving.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that it held together extremely well even when I was drawing triple lengths through my fabric...one piece of yarn did about one row of pattern completely around the length and width of the fabric.  

It does ravel a bit at the ends but that is really no problem at all because you can cut it off when you reach the end.  What is very nice is how the yarn itself stays well aligned with the metallic thread.

I bought all three colors so will have plenty to use next Christmas, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment