Sunday, December 10, 2017

Monk's Cloth

I have a very good friend here at my Florida park who is downsizing her craft supplies and I have gained the benefit of this.  She sold me a ton of monk's cloth at the same price she paid for it a few years ago... much of it is remnants with sale stickers, too.  I just hope she's still going to be doing Swedish weaving and has kept some for herself, though.

I already have more than my fair share of monk's cloth back home (mostly white and beige) but there is no way I could have turned away an opportunity like this...much is in colors I can't even find any more.  

We crafters are a special breed.  We enjoy crafting so much that we might be a little too irrational when it comes to amassing too many supplies.  Some, like my friend, see the light and realize the time has come to downsize.  Some, like me, did a bit of downsizing of crafts I haven't done in years but still continue to buy for Swedish weaving.  I've said I'll have to live another hundred years to use up all my craft supplies and I'm not kidding.

Now, monk's cloth is fairly easy to find at Walmart or Joann's Fabrics in the white or beige but colors come at a much higher price so you Swedish weavers will understand why I've continued to add to my collection when I had the chance.  And it just might be what's keeping me happy and alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment