Thursday, December 21, 2017

What Was I Thinking?


I brought 2 pieces of prepared monk's cloth to Florida with me to work on this winter.  I've been wondering ever since why in the world I have 2 pieces measuring 28" wide to make a lap afghan.  What was I thinking?  Anyway, it stopped me in my tracks for a while wondering just what to do but I've decided to continue with the Marquise pattern (which I started in the middle) and work towards the edge until my work measures a decent sized table runner.  Then I'll just snip off the excess.

Lately I've been preparing large batches of fabric instead of one at a time and I think this is what happened here.  I must have been in a rush and didn't pay close attention.

Anyway, I'm using the beautiful marquise pattern from the "Diamonds" booklet but I'm also planning on edging it with a different pattern, one that meets up with the existing points, of course.

The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft in a variegated "baby brights" which looks lovely on the denim fabric.  I hate wasting fabric but this time it was just necessary.  I'll post a finished photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment