Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Almost Done

This table runner is almost done except for the fringeing.  I don't have my sewing machine here in Florida but the park has one I can borrow.  Some fabric will be wasted because I only want my fringe to be a couple of inches long.  

I used the Marquise pattern for the center with a slight modification and then decided to use a part of the same pattern for the border...also with a slight modification.  Altering a pattern slightly means making it your very own.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! I fell in love with all the beautiful work you do! I am amazed at your talent and I enjoy this kind of craft... I am Brazilian and it is very hard to find patterns and groups to share, so I am so glad I've found your blog! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I'm so glad you enjoy what I post. There are many tutorials online that could help you get started, too. I teach it here in Florida where I spend the winter and always start my ladies with a table runner. It's best to start small. You honestly only need to complete 2 rows of the pattern before you understand and can carry on with a larger project. The patterns might look complicated but they seldom are. Anyway, welcome to the club and feel free to ask any questions that will help.

    ReplyDelete