Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Denim Table Runner


Here is my latest project...denim blue monk's cloth with a variegate Simply Soft yarn.  I used the Marquise pattern from the Diamond booklet and altered it just a bit to suit me.

I stay in an RV park in Florida for the winter and had to use the park sewing machine to finish this runner off...not happy with the way it worked because the tension was screwy so I won't be using it again.  We've been told the park is buying 2 new machines for us to use but I'll believe that when I see it.

I really enjoyed the look of the variegated yarn on the denim fabric and would use it again in the future.  

2 comments:

  1. I spent a bit of time today looking through all of your posts and pictures. I am so glad you share your projects with the world they are all lovely!

    I noticed you responded to a comment on an old post saying you would post your blank grid paper. Did you ever do so? Also, if a project doesn’t tell you how long to cut each yarn, how do you determine that?

    Thanks, and have a blessed and productive 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I got the graph from one of the Swedish weaving pattern books but I don't have any of them with me. I'll try to remember to post that information when I get bak home in April.

    Glad you enjoy the blog...I thoroughly enjoy doing Swedish weaving but I'm not an expert. It's fun to point out hints I've gathered over the years to help the newbies. As for not having the information about how long to cut your yarn, it's going to be a guessing game. You will get better at guessing the more you practice the craft.

    I alter a lot of the patterns I use so I've gotten pretty good at guessing. LOL!

    Thanks for your kind comments and I hope you send me some photos of your own projects so I can put them on the blog.

    ReplyDelete