Saturday, January 27, 2018

White/Grey on White Table Runner


I just love the look of white on white Swedish weaving but I discovered with this project that it looks much better if the pattern is a full and busy one because it shows up better.  The pattern I used here is not full or busy so the white Caron's  Simply Soft Party yarn with a pretty silver thread hardly showed up at all.  I decided to outline the pattern with Simply Soft Part yarn in grey.  It's still difficult to see in the photo but it really is pretty and made a world of difference.

And now on to another project.




3 comments:

  1. I love the subtlety of the soft gray on white. Very serene!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsyrose,
    I have done a bunch of SW but it has been a while ago. As I was researching last night I found your blog. Faye's afghan caught my eye. Is there any way that you could share her pattern and her colors? I am at nomadmartins@msn.com. Thanks! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye's afghan ended up just beautiful but she used a technique where she chose each part of the pattern as she went along...completely random. The colors she chose were also used randomly but I can't remember what they were. She has a very good eye about what colors go well together. I do remember that they were mostly fall colors. I hope this helps!

      Delete